Tags: regex

ASP.NET/C# image resizer for responsive layouts

I will probably elaborate on this a bit further when I find some more time, but for now, this post is going to be mostly code. What I have here is a relatively simple way to generate images that are resized server-side based on the screen dimensions (note: not window dimensions) of the web browser requesting them. This way, you’re not sending huge images to phones. Pair this with some CSS to scale your images to fit their containers, and you’re cooking with gas! Read More →

Validating file uploads in Sitecore WFFM

Our Sitecore installation was in dire need of a way to lock down file uploads on forms built with the Web Forms for Marketers (WFFM) module; out of the box, it doesn’t do any checking at all, which can lead to some risky situations. I tacked on a simple whitelist attribute to the UploadFile control, and our security engineer can breathe easy. Read More →

Bulk rename Subversion files with PowerShell

Scenario: We’re upgrading our reporting software at work, and the way that it used to integrate with SVN (through a terrible SCC bridge) involved arbitrarily placing “app_” at the head of the file names. Of course, in the new version, they no longer do this, and so all of our SVN references are out of whack. While renaming all of them to remove the “app_” at the beginning isn’t the entire solution, it’s one step I had to follow that I believe will be of benefit to others. Read More →

rexCrawler and HelpfulHighlighter are now open source

After having dipped my toe in the water of open source with some Arachni module changes and the development of a simple WordPress plugin, I’ve finally taken the plunge; two of my personal projects are now completely open source, and hosted on github. Much of the code is stale—and somewhat embarrassing—but I figured that it was high time I shrug off that self-defensive apprehension and use it as fuel to make me a better developer. Read More →