A little while back, I (partially) reverse-engineered Alexey Pajitnov‘s puzzle game, Hexic, using Java. This is the result.
- Left-click: Rotate selected hexes counter-clockwise.
- Right-click: Rotate selected hexes clockwise.
- “M” Key: Toggle background music on/off
- “S” Key: Toggle sound effects on/off
- Rotate 3 of a kind together to form a Triad (5 points).
- Complete more than 1 Triad on a rotation for a Combo (15 points).
- Form triads as the hexes fall into place for a Cascade (10 points).
- Complete more than 1 Triad on a Cascade for a Waterfall (25 points).
- Once no moves are left, the remaining hexes are locked in place and the empty hexes are filled with random colors.
When a level would start with no available moves, the game is over.